Many recruiters associate jobs hopping candidates with distrust and unreliability.
Many genuine candidates who could have been highly talented and resourceful, get ignored without being given a chance to explain themselves. The age old adage, “Never judge a book by its cover” is applicable here. Why only job hopping candidates are assumed to be at fault? What about the following scenarios where they could be victims:
· Companies that never credit salaries on time
· Managers who harassed often
· Being forced to execute unethical or illegal work
· Being overworked to the point of fatigue
· Company shutting down
· Taking intermittent breaks owing to health reasons – so there is no option but to resign
Experienced recruiters give benefit of doubt to candidates to explain themselves. Being empathetic can work in such a scenario. Maybe some candidates are reckless and undisciplined, but this won’t be the case with all candidates. So how can recruiters know without every speaking to the candidate?
What if such an approach brings out the best in candidates and they excel with talent and commitment moving forward? Such a possibility cannot be ruled out.
Credait.com – No more resumes, no more job search.
Register your profile for free in 5 mins and jobs will find you