“How did you spend your work-time during lockdown?” will be a standard question during job interviews.
If you didn’t lose your job, then interviewers will want to know how productive you were working from home in terms of managing efficiency. If you didn’t have a job, then interviewers will want to know how wisely you spent your time.
No interviewer is going to ask about the career gap caused by lockdown. However, explaining how wisely you spent your time during lockdown can impact your chances of getting the job. The following actions can showcase your profile in a favorable manner:
· Learning new subject expertise & skill sets through online courses
· Voluntary work for the underprivileged · Being engaged with freelance work, either full or part-time
· Pursuit of any passion in a productive manner
· Establishing a small-time business to supplement income permanently
· Researching and publishing in your area of expertise
Attitude plays a lot of importance during interviewers. How extraordinarily productive you were during lockdown can make a lasting impression on your interviewers than simply blaming external circumstances for your joblessness.
Credait.com – No more resumes, no more job search.